10% of all purchases are donated to One Tree Planted!
10% of all purchases are donated to One Tree Planted!
- Orders must be paid in full before shipment.
- Due to the nature of the material, each piece is unique and will have slight imperfections. Characteristics of each piece will vary such as shape, live bark edging, knots, grains, coloring, etc.
- Each original piece will be sold "as is" keeping the wood variations in mind.
Custom Orders - Process and other important information
- Custom orders will take time from start to finish. This includes consultation, stenciling, sanding, and finally burning. Typically 3 weeks- 2 months depending on size, detail and order volume. This also may vary and you will be contacted if so.
- Initial contact for custom order will go directly to my email however further communications for orders can be sent through Facebook messenger on Autumn in Augusts page or may remain through email. For quicker response, please use Facebook messenger if possible.
- Please communicate in a timely manner so as not to back up any other orders, including yours.
- The process will begin by getting any and all info in regards to size, background, and any other added touches i.e pets name, dates, key hook, etc. I will then ask for the original photo you would like recreated for your piece, and may request multiple images for references to markings, etc. Following this I will draft the image to a picture of various wood pieces to ensure placement and design. I will send this to you for approval. Once image is approved I will begin stenciling and may send the stencil to you for further approval. Once the stencil has been completed and transferred to the wood, no other changes can be made.
- Once the portrait is finished, it will be sealed with waterproof sealant for protection against water and UV ray discoloration. Unless requested otherwise, a saw tooth hanger will be attached to the back so it is ready for display upon arrival.
** Each piece both original and custom will be branded on the back with an "Autumn in August" signature logo. **
- All major Debit and Credit cards. Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover
- Cashapp ( upon special request)
- Cash. This option is for craft show pick ups and local delivery for custom orders, only if you are within 30 miles. (This can be discussed during consultation)
- All items are shipped via United States Postal Service and will normally arrive within 4-6 business days, give or take.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.
- There is a flat rate fee of $8.00 for orders under $150.
- All items are bubble wrapped and /or kraft packing paper wrapped and put in a bubble mailing envelope.
- Orders that include multiple large pieces will be wrapped the same however shipped in a box of appropriate size.
- Please keep in mind - you are responsible for providing the correcting shipping information. If items are returned or delivered to the wrong address as a result of an incorrect address provided, a secondary shipping fee will be charged to have it re-delivered. (This includes orders that are shipped free.)
- I am not responsible for any shipping delays due to weather, local post office delays, etc.
- I will send you a tracking number for your package.
- All orders are sent with a handwritten thank you note. This may be personalized upon request if item is a gift.
- Refunds/returns/exchanges are decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Customized and personalized items are exempt from returns, refunds, exchanges.
- If damages occur during shipment, please contact me. Note due to the live edge bark on pieces, there may be pieces of lose wood within the package. This is normal.
- For items such as wall decor, portraits, and frames, I use basswood With a live edge.
- For items ornaments, coasters, book marks, jewelry and other miscellaneous projects I use woods such as pine or birch.
-I seal each piece with a polyacrylic which protects against water droplets, UV rays and general wear and tear.
-Pieces should not be left outside in the elements. Although I seal to protect the piece, I can not guarantee it will be fully protected if left outside.
Although burning is similar to drawing and painting, it is very different and takes a great deal of patience.
Unlike painting or drawing on standard paper or canvas - a wood piece needs to be prepared. This includes sanding...ALOT. Finally there is drawing. stenciling, and transferring the design.
Once the wood piece and design are prepared and transferred, burning starts. When burning onto a piece of wood the heat needs to be at an appropriate temperature and the pen has to be allowed to do the work. Gliding the pen too quickly along the wood piece will result in uneven lines and burning. Other techniques and shading also require attention to detail and consistency.
All great things take time!
I will need a high resolution photo for reference. The higher resolution photo allows me to see fine details and the result will be a higher quality product. If the picture is blurry or far away it causes me to spend extra time trying to depict or make up details, which may alter the picture and some times I will be unable to do so.
In cases of burning into a special item, you can send me your own piece of wood. You will be responsible for shipping costs.
Please keep in mind that I can only burn on untreated wood, due to safety and quality reasons. If I piece of wood as been treated I will unfortunately have to decline.
Absolutely! Whether it be a custom ornament, bookmark, piece of jewelry, or a wall hanging I would love to capture what you envision.
Simply contact me to inquire on pricing, time, etc.